About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Follow by Email

There was an error in this gadget

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Friday, September 2, 2011

September Recipes: #2

Hi all!

This weekend is labor day and up until now, I haven't had plans. WELL that changed all of a sudden! I'll be going to the beach to visit my grandmother with my family. And to kiss goodbye to the summer! But don't worry ;) Now that I've figured out how to schedule posts, you'll have a recipe a day while I'm away!

Today is a delicious EASY recipe for a quick vegan recipe that'll please ANY picky eater!

Today's recipe is...



CHICKPEA DELIGHT
Serving Size: 4 Wraps


Ingredients




    For Filling:
    1 (19 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
    1 stalk celery, chopped
    1/2 onion, chopped
    1 tablespoon reduced fat mayo
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1 teaspoon dried dill weed
    salt and pepper to taste

    For Wrap:
    4 Joseph's Flax, Oat bran & Whole Wheat Wraps
    4 medium Slices Red Onion
    1/2 cup thinly slicked cucumber
    1/2 cup shredded lettcute



Directions


1) Drain and rinse chickpeas. Pour chickpeas into a medium size mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Mix in celery, onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper to taste.

2) Divide into 4 equal servings, add to wrap and add onion, cucmber and lettuce.
Nutritional Breakdown
Perfect delivious, HIGH FIBER lunch!!! You could serve this at any picnic or party!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment