About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Friday, September 2, 2011

September Recipes: #2

Hi all!

This weekend is labor day and up until now, I haven't had plans. WELL that changed all of a sudden! I'll be going to the beach to visit my grandmother with my family. And to kiss goodbye to the summer! But don't worry ;) Now that I've figured out how to schedule posts, you'll have a recipe a day while I'm away!

Today is a delicious EASY recipe for a quick vegan recipe that'll please ANY picky eater!

Today's recipe is...



CHICKPEA DELIGHT
Serving Size: 4 Wraps


Ingredients




    For Filling:
    1 (19 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
    1 stalk celery, chopped
    1/2 onion, chopped
    1 tablespoon reduced fat mayo
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1 teaspoon dried dill weed
    salt and pepper to taste

    For Wrap:
    4 Joseph's Flax, Oat bran & Whole Wheat Wraps
    4 medium Slices Red Onion
    1/2 cup thinly slicked cucumber
    1/2 cup shredded lettcute



Directions


1) Drain and rinse chickpeas. Pour chickpeas into a medium size mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Mix in celery, onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper to taste.

2) Divide into 4 equal servings, add to wrap and add onion, cucmber and lettuce.
Nutritional Breakdown
Perfect delivious, HIGH FIBER lunch!!! You could serve this at any picnic or party!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment