About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Follow by Email

There was an error in this gadget

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday Blues

Well,

Monday...

That's all I'm going to say. My sister is safely in Italy so that's a relief! She has her own little blog called Mom I'm Still Alive! Yes, I came up with that title and she stole it, hehe. But that's okay! It's cute! She's settled into her dorm and that makes me happy.

Work is crazy today! I still have one visit left to do that after I write this very brief post, I will be running out to do that. Gotta love late visits...at least it's not on a Friday, right!?

I love this recipe SO much. I love shrimp and this is such an easy recipe. Chop the veggies ahead to make it even EASIER. SOOo good. I add jalapeno and more hot sauce to give this a real kick in the pants spicyness...but I left it mild for wimps! Hehe, <3

Saucy Shrimp Casserole
Serves: 6

Ingredients


    1 1/2 Green Bell Peppers, chopped
    1 Medium Onion, Chopped
    2/3 cup celery, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    1 cup uncooked long grain brown rice
    1 can no salt added diced tomatoes (drain but reserve the juice)
    2 teaspoons hot sauce
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    Black pepper to taste (approx 1/2 tsp)
    1 pound raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined




Directions


1) Preheat oven to 325.

2) Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, spray with nonstick cooking spray. Add pepper, onion, celery and garlic. Cook, stirring often for 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft.

3) Add rice and cook 5 more minutes, stirring often. Add tomatoes (no juice), hot sauce, oregano, thyme and black pepper.

4) Add juice of tomatoes to a measuring cup. You need 1 3/4 cups of liquid, make up the difference with water. Add the liquid to the skilled and cook 2 minutes, stirring often.

5) Transfer mixture to a casserol dish (2 1/2 quart). Stir in the shrimp and bake, covered for 55 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
 
Nutritional Breakdown
 

No comments:

Post a Comment