About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday Blues

Well,

Monday...

That's all I'm going to say. My sister is safely in Italy so that's a relief! She has her own little blog called Mom I'm Still Alive! Yes, I came up with that title and she stole it, hehe. But that's okay! It's cute! She's settled into her dorm and that makes me happy.

Work is crazy today! I still have one visit left to do that after I write this very brief post, I will be running out to do that. Gotta love late visits...at least it's not on a Friday, right!?

I love this recipe SO much. I love shrimp and this is such an easy recipe. Chop the veggies ahead to make it even EASIER. SOOo good. I add jalapeno and more hot sauce to give this a real kick in the pants spicyness...but I left it mild for wimps! Hehe, <3

Saucy Shrimp Casserole
Serves: 6

Ingredients


    1 1/2 Green Bell Peppers, chopped
    1 Medium Onion, Chopped
    2/3 cup celery, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    1 cup uncooked long grain brown rice
    1 can no salt added diced tomatoes (drain but reserve the juice)
    2 teaspoons hot sauce
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    Black pepper to taste (approx 1/2 tsp)
    1 pound raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined




Directions


1) Preheat oven to 325.

2) Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, spray with nonstick cooking spray. Add pepper, onion, celery and garlic. Cook, stirring often for 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft.

3) Add rice and cook 5 more minutes, stirring often. Add tomatoes (no juice), hot sauce, oregano, thyme and black pepper.

4) Add juice of tomatoes to a measuring cup. You need 1 3/4 cups of liquid, make up the difference with water. Add the liquid to the skilled and cook 2 minutes, stirring often.

5) Transfer mixture to a casserol dish (2 1/2 quart). Stir in the shrimp and bake, covered for 55 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
 
Nutritional Breakdown
 

No comments:

Post a Comment