About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Saturday, September 3, 2011

September Recipe #3

Is it already the 3rd of September? How did that happen?

Hope all are having a relaxing labor day weekend! Maybe you're having friends over or just enjoying these last summery days! If you hadn't noticed yet, I am a spicy freak! And I loooove Jalapeno poppers. I don't, however, love the calories and fat! Here is a DELICIOUS jalapeno popper that you don't have to feel guilty about!!!!



JALAPENO POPPERS
Serving Size: 2 Halves (1 whole pepper)



Ingredients



    12 medium sized jalapeno peppers
    4 slices uncooked turkey bacon
    1/2 cup light whipped cream cheese (I like the weight watchers brand)
    1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese


Directions


USE EXTREME CAUTION WORKING WITH FRESH JALAPENO PEPPERS!

1. Preheat the oven to 375. Slice off top of jalapeno peppers then cut in half, remove ribs and seeds using protective gloves and eye wear.

2. In a small bowl mix together cream cheese and cheese mixture.

3. Use approximately 1-1/2 teaspoons of cheese per half of jalapeno, spread it inside the half. Placing on a nonstick baking sheet.

4. Cut the turkey bacon into 3 equal pieces. Lay on top of the pepper

5. Cook for approximately 10-15 minutes at 375, check the peppers often!

Nutritional Breakdown
Can you really argue with that? YUM!

Compare to ONE regular store bought Jalapeno popper:

More than twice the fat and calories! YIKES!!! Enjoy this delicious spicy treat, maybe serve it to labor day guests! Hope you're enjoying your day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment