About Me

My photo
CT, United States
I'm Kate. I'm 25 and a busy nurse journeying through life! I'm restarting my weight loss journey! I started off with Jenny Craig but now I'm doing it on my own with the support of my beautiful bloggy friends!

Sparkpeople

Join me at: SparkPeople.com

Join Sparkpeople Today! CLICK ME!

Friday, September 9, 2011

Finally Friday! September Recipes Style

It must be Fall because my allergies are killing me. My left eye is swollen shut and my throat is all scratchy, I'm heading to the doctor today to get some drops or something!! Damn Ragweed! It KILLS ME!!!!

But Fall is still my favorite season of all. The hint of chill in the air, pumpkins...ahh, I'm so excited. I know that many of you are not ready for the fall season yet but don't worry, I think I'm excited enough for all of us :D.

Today's recipe is in honor of fall! AHH this is SOOO good...I cannot live without it.

Look how nice this bread turned out! YUMMM! I make it every year!


Pumpkin Walnut Bread
Servings: 12 slices (1 9x5x3 inch loaf)

Ingredients




    4 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
    1/4 cup margarine
    1 1/4 cups splenda for baking
    2 eggs
    1 cup canned pumpkin
    1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/2 cup chopped walnuts



Directions


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x5x3 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.

2. Put softened cheese, margarine, and splenda in mixing bowl. Cream together well. Beat in eggs one at a time until blended. Mix in pumpkin.

3. In another bowl combine flour, soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and walnuts. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Pour all at once over batter. Stir just enough to moisten. Turn into greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.

4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 60-70 minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove to rack to finish cooling.
Nutritional Breakdown
You don't even want to know what a "regular" slice is...we're talking in the 350 calorie range and over 13g of fat!!!!!!! I'll take this delicious bread any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment